We build websites that make the phone ring.
Website design for contractors.
Get more leads, guaranteed.
For contractors, attorneys, and other service professionals. Our holistic, data-driven approach often generates leads in as few as 7 days.
Contractor Website Design
We build websites that make the phone ring.
While many of you understand the importance of owning a high-quality website, you may not know where to begin. This is where LocalSight.net can help. Contractors hire us for our expertise in the field – we already know what you need. While other contractor website design companies may inundate you with options, we’ve boiled everything down into a few easy to follow packages. No matter which package you choose, you’ll receive a beautiful, lead-generating website.
If you’re struggling to get consistent leads out of your existing website – or you simply want more – call us today for a free consultation: (877) 433-8555. Local Sight offers website design for contractors, home builders and other service professionals. We’ve been building lead-generating websites since 2011. To see the Local Sight difference in action simply give us a call for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Questions to Ask Your Potential Website Designer
When you’re evaluating different web designers for contractor website, gather information about a few key metrics by asking these questions:
- How does the designer propose to get targeted traffic? Targeted traffic means consumers visiting your site are likely to be interested in your home building services.
- How will traffic be converted to leads? Converting visitors into potential customers means they’ll call you or fill out a free quote request form.
- What type of Maps & Local SEO will be done? Though these are mostly ongoing services, your site should be built with strong SEO fundamentals in mind.
- What different types of content should you expect? Since consumers learn in different ways, your content should vary too. Blog posts, testimonials, videos and images help potential customers see, hear, and read about your services.
- How large will your digital footprint be? A digital footprint is primarily the content written about your home building business. But it also includes establishing a digital presence through home services sites (e.g., Angie’s List), a blog, and social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or YouTube. Each of these elements should demonstrate you understand customer needs and problems and should direct users to your website.
- What about Calls to Action (CTAs)? When potential customers land on your web page, CTAs such as ‘call today for a free quote’ or ‘contact us for a free consultation’ encourage them to work with you. You’ll receive an on-going stream of leads to build your business.
We treat websites like the assets they should be.
We build websites for contractors that make the phone ring.
What to Look for in a Contractor Web Designer
Okay, we’ve talked about your different options for choosing a web designer for your contractor website. Now, let’s talk about what specific services you should look for.
A winning website formula is pretty simple. It looks like this: Traffic + Conversions = Leads. First and foremost, your website has to get targeted traffic. That means eyeballs on your offer. Secondly, your website has to convert that targeted traffic to a specific action – such as calling you or filling out a free quote request form.
How do we make these things happen? It’s pretty simple. First, you need content – lots of it, and in many different forms. You should also have a strong digital footprint, with many pieces of online real estate pointing web users to your website. Then, your website needs to send all these visitors to a common action with strong CTA’s – calls to action. Examples include: Call today for a free quote! – or – Fill out our form for a free consultation. The result? A consistent flow of fresh leads every month.
Let’s break down a few things every good contractor website needs to have.
Strong Content Generates More Visitors
It’s pretty simple. More content = more traffic. Your contractor website should be overflowing with content – service pages, location pages, project pictures, blogs, videos and more. People can talk all they want about contractor local SEO, but the truth is, content is going to drive the vast majority of your traffic (good local SEO professionals know this).
So how do you generate all this content? Well, a great contractor web designer will build it all for you. Here are some examples of content we build for our clients.
- Service pages. You should have a page dedicated to each and every service you offer. Lists are great, but they don’t hold much weight in the eyes of search engines. We build out a page for each service – ex. one for bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, basements finishing, etc – to maximize traffic and search engine visibility for our clients.
- Location pages. What better way to tell people which cities you service than to have pages dedicated to that purpose on your website? We build out geo-specific pages for each of the cities our clients do business in. It’s great for traffic and for search engines too.
- An active blog. We get it – you hate blogging. But it’s an incredibly effective tool for generating targeting traffic and hitting long-tail search terms. We couple an active blog with an IFTTT network – that’s a powerful traffic generator you can turn on whenever you want.
- Project pictures. You have them, right? You should. Project pictures can be used to show off the great work you do, making you an expert in the eyes of your visitors. And why not take that a step further and…
- Turn project pictures into video slideshows. Post those videos on your website and across the web. That’s what we do for our clients. We’re not sure about the other guys.
We can’t overstate the importance of content for both driving traffic to your website and gaining favor from search engines like Google. Luckily, you don’t have to worry too much about it – we handle all content-generation needs for our clients. Our average website runs between 100-150 pages of content. Compare that to your average 10-page website and you’ll quickly see why the websites we build for contractors generate consistent leads.
Robust Project Portfolio Outperforms a ‘Photo Gallery’
We’re not talking about your grandad’s photo gallery – we’re talking about a robust project portfolio. Sure, it’s fine to post a long list of pictures without any context, but that’s not what your visitors want to see – and it’s certainly not what’s going to get them reaching for their phone to give you a call.
A robust project portfolio (like the ones we build for clients) looks like this:
- Before/after pictures. One or two before-pictures, 6-10 after-pictures, depending on the project scope.
- Description of the services performed. What good are pictures without context? Don’t just show the before/after shot of that bathroom remodel, tell visitors what kind of tiling you used, tell them about the custom light fixtures, tell them everything.
- A testimonial from the client. If you’re customer said some great words about the project, let it show!
- Location targeting via portfolio. We utilize the location (not the address, just the city) of the project to gain bonus points with search engines.
Don’t slack on the project portfolio – it’s your chance to show the world how awesome your company is. This goes for contractors, remodelers, custom home builders, plumbers, HVAC professionals and more. We build great project portfolios like this for each of our clients – and, as they say, the proof is in the pudding.
Location-Specific Pages Get You Business from Surrounding Cities
Adding location-specific pages is a great way to get business from surrounding cities. We build location-specific pages for each contractor web design project, ensuring our clients get business from more sources than just their primary location.
The benefit is easy to see. After all, if your website only has a few pages – none of which mention the various locations you offer your services in – how are visitors and search engines supposed to know you do business elsewhere?
Here are a few types of location-specific content we build for contractors:
- Location-specific service pages: If you offer bathroom remodeling in seven cities, we create pages targeting “bathroom remodeling + city” for all of those locations, resulting in seven unique pages
- SEO targeting for each location: By using proper silo-structure SEO, we can target multiple locations with one website
- Location-specific project portfolios: Easy bonus points for search engines and visitors
- Location-specific videos: One of the easiest ways to dominate search engines
You’ve heard it before – location, location, location. When it comes to contractor websites, mentioning specific locations is key to getting business from surrounding cities.
Phone Call & Lead Tracking Measure ROI
Do you know how many visitors your website is currently getting? Can you measure your website’s success in terms of dollars spent = dollars returned? If not, there’s an easy solution. We install Google Analytics on every new website build for contractors. Why? Because it’s the best way to track visitors and see how the website performs. With Google Analytics, you can see the amount of visitors you’re getting, where they’re coming from, which pages they visit the most, and more. Using all that data, we make tweaks to the website to increase conversion rates. That means more leads for the same amount of traffic. Sounds great, right? It is.
Call tracking is another way we measure the success of our contractor websites. Utilizing a local number that redirects to your main business line, we can see exactly how many phone calls the website generates every month. Remember what we said before? We build websites that make the phone ring. With call tracking, we prove it.
Contact Local Sight Today
We build websites that make the phone ring.
If you’re struggling to get consistent leads out of your existing website – or you simply want more – call us today for a free consultation: (877) 433-8555. Local Sight offers website design for contractors, home builders and other service professionals. We’ve been building lead-generating websites since 2011. To see the Local Sight difference in action, visit our project portfolio page, or simply give us a call for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Running a business doesn’t always leave a lot of time open for building a website and optimizing it for your...
As a contractor or home builder, seeing examples of your work far and wide equals success and continued business growth....
When you’re ready to develop a new website or reinvent the website you already have, you want to make sure...